How E-talk works
CLDF e-talk is designed to be an easy and safe way for adults to share thoughts, feelings and ideas, ask questions and share experiences on living with childhood liver disease and life in general.
There is a message board for young people at www.cldf-focus.org
To use the message board you must register, this only takes a few minutes. You will then receive an email to activate your account. After activating you can join in.
If you have any problems registering email us by clicking here.
The forum is divided into different topics so you can find your way around. You can also use search the message board.
Information posted on this site should not be taken as a substitute for specialist medical advice. Please address medical queries to your medical team. Please remember that each child's experience of a condition will vary and the experience of one will not necessarily be the same as another. In each medical case professional medical or other advice should be obtained before acting on anything contained herein as no responsibility can be accepted by Children's Liver Disease Foundation.
The forum is for parents, family members and other individuals affected by childhood liver disease to share experiences, and as such it is against our policy to allow postings and requests from external organisations and agencies to remain on the forum. This forum is not designed for medical professionals.
CLDF recognises that the forum can be viewed widely and has stringent personal and child protection policies. Thus, we are unable to permit images on the forum. The vast majority of CLDF’s website visitors are genuine. However unscrupulous users could enter the site. We therefore strongly advise that you do not include personal details in your posts - in particular home address, telephone numbers, personal email and blog addresses - to help prevent undesired contact or knowledge of your personal circumstances.
We review the forum regularly to check for inappropriate or inaccurate messages. However, if you feel that a message should be drawn to our attention or, if you have any other queries regarding CLDF e-talk, please contact the moderator.
If you are affected by anything you read in the forum and you would like to speak to a member of the CLDF support team, click here
CLDF e-talk is here for you - so please do use it. Happy talking!
• To use the message board you must ensure you have read and agree with the terms and conditions
• Do not post any rude or unpleasant messages. Swear words are not allowed and using symbols to disguise these words is also not acceptable. Abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented messages will not be tolerated
• Rudeness to another CLDF e-talk member including the moderator will not be tolerated
• Never tell anyone your last name, address, phone number, e-mail address or any other personal information and do not give out your password (websites including www.thinkuknow.co.uk and www.chatdanger.com have information on internet safety)
• Do not pretend to be someone you aren't, but remember that other people may - do not take everything at face value
• Remember that CLDF e-talk is not for personal ads or for postings by external organisations and agencies under any circumstances
• If you haven't seen your message after 24 hours and you don't think you have broken the rules, please contact the moderator. However CLDF reserves the right to remove, move or edit messages as it feels appropriate
• If you wish to make a complaint about another member of the community, please contact the moderator
• Information posted on this site should not be taken as a substitute for specialist medical advice. In each medical case professional medical or other advice should be obtained before acting on anything contained herein as no responsibility can be accepted by Children's Liver Disease Foundation.
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not CLDF, the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent CLDF, the administrator, moderators or webmaster cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
By registering on the CLDF site you agree to be bound by these conditions.