Formed in 1980, Children’s Liver Disease Foundation is the only UK charity dedicated to fighting all childhood liver diseases.
From our head office in Birmingham, we provide:
- A comprehensive information hub on childhood liver disease for healthcare professionals and for families
- A tailored support service for children, young people and young adults with liver disease and their families
- Research into all aspects of childhood liver diseases
- A collective voice for everyone affected by childhood liver disease.
Here you can find out about:
- Our vision, mission and core values
- Our people including our trustees , patrons, our support team and our Scientific Committee
- Job opportunities at Children’s Liver Disease Foundation
Childhood liver disease – the facts:
- Every week 20 children in the UK are diagnosed with a life-threatening childhood liver disease
- More children in the UK are currently diagnosed with a liver disease than childhood leukaemia
- There are over 100 different liver diseases that can affect babies, children or young people
- For most childhood liver diseases the cause is unknown
- Liver disease has no cure
As a children’s charity the well being of children and young people is a paramount importance at Children’s Liver Disease Foundation. Click on the links below to view our child protection and safeguarding policy and procedure in detail.