CLDF has produced Joe’s Liver Transplant Story to help children to understand what a liver transplant is and to learn about the processes involved.
The book is targeted at 4-8 year olds, but can also be used with younger and/or older children as a starting point for discussion. The story is designed to be used by play specialists, psychologists and parents and tells Joe’s story from liver transplant assessment right through to recovery after the transplant.
The book is suitable for: –
– Children who are going through a transplant assessment or who are on the waiting list.
– Children who have undergone a liver transplant in the past to help them understand what happened to them.
– Siblings and friends of children who have had or need a liver transplant to give them more of an insight into what will happen or what has happened.
– Other children who would like to know more about liver transplantation.
The book is available to be ordered by:-
– Friends and families of children requiring liver transplantation.
– Healthcare professionals (including play specialists, psychologists, transplant coordinators and specialist nurses)
*If you meet one of the above categories and did not receive a book during transplant assessment, feel free to contact us for a copy for your young children.
You can order your book through the families order form, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0121 212 6028.