We are committed to the welfare of children and young people as well as young adults at risk, wherever they are, whoever they are with, whatever they are doing. We are committed to ensuring all children and young people have the right to protection so they can live their life free from abuse, harm or neglect.
Every member of our society including public and professionals have a duty to say something if they are concerned or worried about any child, young person or adults at risk. We take the protection of children and young people seriously. We operate a safe environment for anyone to tell us any worries or concerns they have regarding the neglect, harm or abuse of a child, young person or an adult at risk.
All our staff and volunteers receive training to recognise signs of neglect, harm and abuse complying with statutory requirements. Our Safeguarding policy and procedures are reviewed regularly and reflect any changes in safeguarding legislation.
Our staff and volunteers:
- Receive safeguarding training.
- Comply with our Safeguarding Policies and Procedures.
- Know and understand their role and responsibilities within our organisation.
- Know how to communicate and whom to report any concern about a child or young person to.
- Know how to act upon concerns in line with the principles and procedures set out by local child protect management and ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’ 2015 Guidance.
Our commitment is to ensure that all children, young people or adults at risk involved in our activities will:
- Be treated with respect and dignity at all times.
- Have their full civil and legal rights explained to them.
- Be listened to and taken seriously.
- Be communicated with at a level they understand.
- Be given time to do things for themselves, to understand and be understood.
- Be involved in decisions that affect them.
- Have their privacy respected at all times and in all places.
- Have a right to confidentiality – all information about them will be treated carefully, be kept safe and only shared with those people who need to know.
The wellbeing of a child and a young person is the paramount. Our commitment is to ensure the rights as well as needs of children and young people remain at the centre of our practice and all that we do.