Giving Tuesday, which this year takes place on November 29th, is a global day of giving. A day where everyone, everywhere is encouraged to do something to support the good causes and communities that mean so much to them.
How did it start?
Giving Tuesday started in the US in 2012 as a day to give back, falling on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. It harnessed the power of social media and collaborate to inspire millions of people right across the world to come together on one day to celebrate the charities and communities that mean so much to us all/
It now happens officially in over 60 countries and the UK joined for first time in 2014.
How did I join in?
Giving Tuesday is not allied to any one cause. It’s about millions of people around the world doing something for a cause which matters to them. It might be a donation, it might be volunteering or it might be just sharing how proud you are of a charity that matters to you. You can do this on social media using the hashtags #GivingTuesday and #ProudtoDonate.
If you do decide to donate to CLDF this Giving Tuesday, every gift, however small, really counts:
- £5 provides an information pack for a newly diagnosed family, explaining their child’s condition, its implications and how we can help them
- £15 provides a child with a copy of our children’s book, Joe’s Liver Transplant Story, helping them to make sense of what happened when they were too young to understand or explain what a sibling is currently going through
- £25 provides an hour’s one to one telephone support for a parent who is struggling and may need practical assistance, guidance or simply a listening ear from someone who understands
- £100 provides 30 healthcare professionals with a Yellow Alert pack, enabling them to spot the signs of liver disease in new born babies in order to arrange urgent referral.
- £500 funds our young people’s digital support service for one month, keeping them in touch with others in their situation and with CLDF, reducing isolation and creating a vital peer support network
If you’d like to mark Giving Tuesday with a donation you can do so here Donation | Donate To Children’s Liver Disease Foundation (childliverdisease.org).